Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Jig is Up, The News is Out, IT Budgets Grow in 2011 - More Managed Print Services Opportunities?

I just read a great article over at CRN here, regarding The Everything Channel survey of VAR's and service providers.

The study was conducted back in November and surveyed 384 senior level managers within VARs/IT providers.

The survey calls the available North American IT market for solution providers at $428.1 billion in 2010, up more than 6 percent from $402.1 billion in 2009.

Remember, the North American MPS market is calculated at around $25b(Photizo).

The channel accounted for 68 percent of IT sales, and direct sales making up the remaining 32 percent.

The survey found that many VARs are dependent on a small number of SMB customers for a majority of their business.

"...Nearly 30 percent of solution providers had fewer than 25 customers while 10.9 percent had between 25 and 49 customers, 9.9 percent had 50 to 99 customers and 9.9 percent had 100 to 149 customers. Only 20.1 percent had 250 or more customers..."

Why should this study be of interest to us?  Well, with the DeathOfTheCopier upon us, what should we be selling in the next few years? 

What markets are expanding?

IT and IT services, that's where.

But will this growth, this expansion in IT include Managed Print Services? 

Of course this study reflects the IT world, not PlanetCopier - I wonder what results a similar survey would produce, had 384 senior, senior level managers in the copier industry been queried.
Huh.

Article here.




Click to email me.

 
Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment